Venezuelan Register of Shipping LTD. (VRS) Provides classification, certification, verification and advisory services.
In order to provide the required services to our clients, the society has established a worldwide network of surveyors.
The staff consists mainly of highly qualified naval architects, master mariners and other engineers and technical personnel with appropriate qualification.
We believe in the potential of people and in systematic training and education of our stuff members.
Availability of highly competent human resources as well as a network of surveyors enables”Venezuelan Register of Shipping LTD.” to provide the following Services at extremelycompetentcosts and with unmatched professionalism, any where in the world.
1. Classification of Ships as per Society Rules and Regulations.
2. Statutory certification of the above.
3. Certification of Marine Components as per Societies Rules and Regulation
4. Approval Service Suppliers such as, Radio Surveyors, firms, servicing stations for Life Saving and Fire fighting appliances, etc.
5. Documentation Services, such as approving of Ships plans, manuals, booklets, drawings.
Classification activity consists, principally, in the development and issue of the classification Rules & Regulations.
The Rules, taking into account the applicable provisions of international conventions, specify technical requirements which ensure: the ship’s strength and, where necessary, the watertight integrity of all elements of the ship’s hull and its superstructures, adequate level of safety and reliability of the propulsion and auxiliary machinery essential to ensure that the ship is fit for its intended service.
Furthermore, by performing classification survey of different types of floating units under construction and/or in service, VRS verifies the implementation of the Rules requirements.
VRS conducts also Classification Survey of refrigerating plants under construction or in service and after installation on board.